This Code of Conduct is a set of general guidelines for behavior; they are not intended to apply to each and every possible act within the mall. We reserve the right to determine the appropriate manner in which all visitors are to behave. All organized activities require review and approval by management/ownership.
Cumberland Mall Code of Conduct
Cumberland Mall, including its parking lot, is private property. The following Code of Conduct is set forth for the purpose of protecting legitimate business interests of Cumberland Mall. Any violation of the code interferes with the commercial nature and function of Cumberland Mall. If any guest of Cumberland Mall should refuse to follow this Code of Conduct, the guest will be asked to leave the property. Should any guest fail or refuse to leave the property, he or she may be subject to arrest.
- Cumberland Mall is open for the purpose of shopping. Appropriate shopping behavior is required at all times.
- Fighting, “horseplay,” harassment, offensive language, shouting, loud noise, loitering, littering, solicitation or any other disturbance which disrupts or endangers any patron, guest, merchant, or employee at the shopping center is not permitted under any circumstance.
- Mall management has the right to prohibit groups of four or more individuals to congregate or walk the interior or exterior of the mall unless the group has appropriate adult supervision. Running, skating or skateboarding is not permitted on mall property.
- Appropriate attire, including shirts and shoes, is required. Clothing with inappropriate words, phrases or graphics is not permitted and is subject to mall management approval.
- Excluding attire worn in accord with religious practice, tradition or significance, deliberately obscuring the face is prohibited.
- Damaging any surface or portion of the shopping center is strictly prohibited. Sitting on any surface of the mall other than chairs and benches is prohibited. Food court tables and chairs are provided for the purpose of eating meals purchased at the food court.
- Only service animals, trained to assist persons with disabilities, are permitted within the property.
- The carrying of any weapon, other than by an authorized law enforcement or security officer, is not permitted.
- Vehicles that are inappropriately parked are subject to towing at the expense of the owner. Overnight parking is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages and their consumption are permitted in licensed establishments only.
- Smoking is prohibited.
Cumberland Mall reserves the right to amend this Code of Conduct at any time.